Thursday, April 28, 2011

LONG LIVE THE DVD SHOP!


As you all know I've recently moved to the beautiful Tasmania. Ive come here to get back to nature and to find God.
Well I did all that in the first day. Now what?
Im initially struck by the very unique breed of "Tasmanian"person.
They are quick with a joke (usually not funny)or to light up your smoke (which is unfortunate as Ive already quit)
Ive also sacrificed the booze and the bad boys in a place where the B&S ball was invented!
HELP!
I havent exactly been able to fit in at my cafe job either.
I suppose it doesnt help being the only 35 soon to be 36 year old there.
Alas, a 35 year old who wont sing kareoke or cant roll joints...
I assure them that Ive had a very textured life thus far. Lots of travel and study.
I am NOT just a barista for Goddsake!
I write a very successful blog (with all of its 6 followers)and I also plan to audition for the role of Lady Anne in the Playhouses' up and coming production of Richard 111.
Oh yeah I'm real busy.
Not.
The fact is my average day to date is -
wake,
eat AMAZING fruit,
work,
DVD,
sleep.
The DVD part is my favourite.
I have discovered a huge stadium building called VIDEO CITY. Every title Ive requested,they've come to the party.
When friends are nowhere to be found,Video City always has its light on.
As soon as I walk in and smell that stale carpet smell; I go weak at the knees.
Im home once more.
The tension in my shoulders starts to disappear as I pivot between the Foreign and Thriller sections.
I try to contain my excitement that Season 3 of "True Blood" will be in store in less than three days!
On my days off, I can spend a record 2 hours deliberating on which three titles to get for the mid week special.
A day spent in a DVD shop is a happy one. Made more complete with some portly pimply faced attendant and a bag of microwave popcorn.
Off to bed to commence a series called "The Wire"

Heard its FULL ON.

I say BRING IT ON!

JAX

1 comment: